Followers


Saturday, October 9, 2010

Evaluating My Game Plan Progress week 5

Yahoo! My Power point is done! I am surprised that it turned out so amazingly "cute" There are 18 slides, many of which include pictures. My subject matter was 1776 and the Declaration of Independence and our separation from England. I had so much fun researching this and locating pictures that I was considering doing a part 2 on the Founding Fathers, however I am now considering using this subject as a Problem Based Learning lesson. I recently found a great website on our school computers that I believe is acceptable for second grade researching. This will work great if we decide to use this for our Problem Based Learning lesson. In connection with my Game Plan I have also learned how to project this new power point with an LCD player. All of this is quite an accomplishment for me being I am very "Old School". I have it in my plans to use this with my students on Monday, October 11, 2010. Wish me luck.

Part 2 of my Game Plan involves my school community doc sharing website. I have submitted one document for sharing. I think this site is slow in getting off the ground. I will continue to try to become more familiar with this but I believe our entire staff is struggling with becoming more familiar with it. I think with anything new it takes time for people to become comfortable with using it.

5 comments:

  1. good for you. I am glad that you have been able to use some new technolgoy. Was it difficult for you? I have found that software to be fairly easy to use.
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leann,

    I think it is great that you are thinking ahead with your powerpoint being apart of your PBL. I am wondering how well the students are going to respond to your idea with that. Will you allow the students to do their own powerpoint or will you use only this one? I also think it is great that you are planning a part 2 to your lesson already. Good Luck on you Plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the school community doc sharing website? Do all teachers post ideas for lesson plans? I think that would be a great tool for all schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your positive comments. Today I shared my power point lesson with my students. My second graders were very interested and asked a lot of questions about the subject matter...my first graders kind of fell asleep...they are still kind of young for understanding a lot of this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie, A school doc program is exactly what you thought it was.. it's a place to share summative and formative assessments and other lessons that might commonly be used within the grade level... it's like a little community of sharing documents.... so far for us though it is easier to just walk across the hall and share the idea or assessment... however if we ever really get it off the ground... I think it works across the district ... we have 24 elementary schools in my district and it could be a great tool to be able to share successes.... So far there are still a few bugs to work out...

    ReplyDelete

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."