Followers


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Game Plan Progress...

Hmmm....learning how to do a power point presentation is a long and slow process when you are trying to fit it in-between all the other busy things in your life and also working around the schedule of your tutor. Tonight I spent several hours searching and collecting pictures. I learned how to save the image to a folder on my desktop. I also started to divide my subject matter into 5 main topics. I discovered that I already had the program installed on my computer so that made things easier although I still feel a little unsure about how all this will come together. It's a little bit like walking into the dark and not sure what is lurking off in the distance, but everyone assures me that this is so easy. I am trusting that those who have have already mastered this concept are telling me the truth. Thanks for all the encouragement from fellow educators.

Progress on my school teaming site is also a slow process. It is quite obvious that I am a list maker. I like to see things get done quickly, slow is usually not in my vocabulary however there just does not seem to be enough hours in a week. We have a new teaming website at my school which is also connected to the district. This is still quite new to everyone at my school so just becoming more familiar with how to share and post and collaborate is huge for most of us including me. I think my next step is just to spend some time surfing through the site. I brought my school computer home. I have bookmarked the site. Now I just need time to become more familiar with how this all works...

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes things seem to take a long time. It is great that you have started the power point process. I think I will take a page from you and also learn how to present a power point. I think I have it on my computer also. I am hopeful that your days will soon feel a little longer once you get the hang of the tools you are incorporating. yolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yolette, Let me know if I can help in anyway...it is starting to come together a bit... I think I have 5 slides done so far... I am working on a Social Studies unit for 2nd graders on the Constitution...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard many horror stories about youtube.com but I have also heard that if you want to know how to do anything , it is probably on youtube. I went to the site and found this very basic but informative video clip on how to use power point It is about 5 minutes long so I hope you find it helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqIDs5MZxM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until a few weeks ago, I had never made a PowerPoint either, though I was confident that I would be able to figure it out. It was very simple, probably 10 slides with some pictures and animation. When I told the kids that I had never made one before, they all were really encouraging by saying things like "that was great" and "you should do more." I was surprised to get any feedback from them at all, let alone positive feedback! Keep up what you're doing, it will pay off. The more you practice, the easier and faster it will get. And what's great is you can save all the presentations you create on a flashdrive and use them every year, adding or modifying as needed.

    ReplyDelete

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."