Followers


Monday, October 25, 2010

Reflection on Game Plan

As I reflect on the assignments of this course, Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas also known as Education 67131-1 and especially on the Game Plan assignment, I remember feeling reluctant at beginning the assignment. I remember feeling like this was a huge project that I would probably never use. As I gained greater confidence and as I utilized parts of my assignments in my own classroom, I experienced greater success and purpose in these assignments. I actually found teaching the concepts to be easier for me and the student’s attention more focused by utilizing some of these technology tools. I think the social networking part of the assignment was the most challenging for me. I think with the intensity of standards based teaching there is not enough time to incorporate a lot of this type of teaching. I plan to continue to incorporate many areas technology into my classroom setting but I am too much of a traditionalist to throughout all the basic educational skills and replace them with all technology. I believe there needs to be moderation in all areas. We need to continue to embrace the new but never forget the tried and true principles that make a solid foundation in our educational system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."