Followers


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Using the Game Plan Process with Students-week 7

The National Education Standards for Students (NETS) and the National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T)says that as society becomes more inundated in technology, students and teachers will be expected to be able to apply basic skills to solve problems, complete projects and use their creative abilities for a multitude of assignments. My Game Plan experience gave me an opportunity to to develop and apply some of my creative abilities to solve problems and develop and expand my basic skills in technology. I was extremely pleased that this Game Plan experience was so successful. I think when teachers are successful and feel comfortable in the project of technology, they are then able to extend that confidence and provide successful learning experiences for their students. Someone once said you can not lift another to higher ground unless you yourself are standing on higher ground. I think it is difficult for teachers to teach the new standards that require higher order thinking skills unless they themselves have those skills. The Game Plan is a good technique to help teachers and students develop those skills and learn to work through the process of improving skills





http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-students.aspx

2 comments:

  1. It is true how can we expect results from our students if we are not successfully creating our own results. I also believe creating and focusing on my own GAME plan will have a tremendous effect on the way I teach my students. yolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the keys to being successful in anything you attempt is to practice and practice. In the past few weeks we have had to practice using a GAME plan while implementing technology into our lessons. We are now able to share this new technique with our students in order for them to be more successful. I am so very happy that you have been able to achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."